Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Contract and Permanent
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client was founded as an online consignment store. The company now operates with over a million units of inventory and has partnerships with large resellers across the country for decentralized item adding and fulfillment. We are a team of highly motivated individuals that thrive on creating technical solutions for the logistical and e-commerce spaces. Our goal is to develop a marketplace by offering tailored and unique solutions for our customers, resellers, and partners.
Responsibilities:- Identify, design, develop, test, and release high quality functionality as efficiently as possible.
- You will be an educator, a mentor and coach. People will come to you for advice because you are approachable and you are able to convey your points in a language that they understand.
- Build and maintain tools and services related to product/engineering squad’s goals.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the team to deliver quality products with a focus on speed, security, and analytics.
- Independently identify areas for improvement and innovation within the squad ecosystem, and lead the charge on making those changes.
- Be a key hands-on contributor to the design and implementation of new products and features through the entire stack.
- Ownership of codebase, maintaining it and ensuring it runs consistently.
- Collaborate with all senior and staff level engineers to explore options and help define architecture and design across the engineering organization.
- Ability to move between teams to devise architecture and assist projects in moving forward.
- Train engineers to work with new architecture.
- Function as a leader within the engineering department, providing mentoring and training to all levels of engineering team members.
- Function as internal expert for technology specialty and educate the team on new and changing technologies.
- Be an industry thought leader, participating in public speaking events and meetups to showcase the company as a leader in technology.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
Must Have Skills:
- 10+ years experience as an engineer across multiple environments.
- You are comfortable in considering the right Architecture for the right job, as opposed to forcing one approach on all problems.
- Knowledgeable of object-oriented and/or functional programming patterns and paradigms.
- A polyglot with and strong skills in either Python, Typescript, ReactJS, NodeJS, Ruby
- Multiple other backend programming languages i.e., Kotlin, GoLang.
- Ability to work in all areas of the tech stack, including infrastructure through the application layer to client libraries.
- Ability to provide support for any pieces of codebase owned and also understand the codebase with minimal direction from peers or more senior engineers.
- Proven ability to work on implementation independently.
- Strong experience working with relational databases like Postgres and mySQL.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills.