Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Contract and Permanent
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client was founded as an online consignment store. The company now operates with over a million units of inventory and has partnerships with large resellers across the country for decentralized item adding and fulfillment. We are a team of highly motivated individuals that thrive on creating technical solutions for the logistical and e-commerce spaces. Our goal is to develop a marketplace by offering tailored and unique solutions for our customers, resellers, and partners.
We are looking for a CTO who will be our first technology go-to expert and will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan, and manage all information technology resources of our company. The CTO will report to the CEO and is responsible for establishing technical vision and leading all aspects of company’s technology development.
You Will:• Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships.
• You will be responsible for software engineer selection and hiring, their onboarding, training, and management.
• Oversee several development teams, track progress, and design and implement workflow principles.
• Define the application and other digital products architecture and keep an eye on the latest tech updates, to implement industry-leading new approaches within the company.
• Communicate, make accurate far-sighted decisions, oversee team and department progress, plan new tech competitive advantage development.
• Guiding strategic business decisions from a technological standpoint.
• Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
• Work closely with Financial Engineering, Product, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
Must Have Skills:
• B.Tech / M. Tech / MBA degree with a passion working in a Start-Up environment
• Solid technical background: minimum of 10+ years experience in IT field;
• In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
• Experience building secure, highly-scalable, reliable, and performant platforms to consume, integrate and analyze complex data using a variety of open-source platforms and tools.
• Familiarity with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
• Providing technical guidance to team leads related to architecture and design
• Managing, mentoring and communicating business and performance objectives to a large team
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact with our business, product, and development teams
• Firsthand knowledge in supervising development of software solutions
• Leadership and mentorship: show the company the brand new strategic development way empowered with new technologies;
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Proactive problem solver