Principal Product Designer, Growth & Consumer
Principal Product Designer, Growth & Consumer
Mountain View, California, USA
This job allows you to work remotely
Join a leading education technology company that’s transforming lives around the world.
Our client was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with them to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform to transform their talent. The client recently went IPO.
Must Have Skills:
The Product Design team is responsible for creating core learning experiences for our consumer, enterprise and university partner customers. The Growth & Consumer product design team focuses on creating value for our diverse customer base across a global ecosystem. We create experiences to acquire new customers, meet the customers where they are in their career path and learning curve, help them discover our various learning offerings, activate, retain customers and define the strategies for customer growth and revenue models. Our team works closely with Product, Engineering, Research, Data, Consumer Marketing, Brand & Creative. We are focused on product-led Growth (not as much marketing driven growth design), leveraging new, strategic ways to connect our customers with the core value proposition with online learning. Experimentation and working across a portfolio of big bets and optimizations is core to our approach in creating sustainable, scalable growth models across our various target audiences.
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer for our consumer team to lead design for our community and cohort-learning to give our career switching learners the support and accountability they need to successfully complete Coursera’s career training programs and launch a new career. This is a full-time remote position within a reasonable time zone difference from our headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of UX design, interaction design work case studies and any examples of Product design for growth is highly valuable (please link a personal website or portfolio).
- Be an active member of the design org, evangelizing the potential of design thinking and raising the bar for the quality of design This role reports to Senior Manager, Product Design for Consumer and is part of the Growth and Consumer Design team, as well as the broader Design and Research org led by the VP, Design & Research reporting into the CPO.
- Work through the initial ambiguous phases of the product design experience: mapping business + customer needs to help define the vision and strategy for big bet growth ideas.
- Create scalable user experiences across platforms that drive business growth.
- Plan and articulate design experiments to help create an iterative approach to product-led growth design.
- Employ effective use of qualitative and quantitative (metrics/ data) insights to inform design decisions
- Understand and experience in using qualitative research methods and strong collaboration with a researcher
- Ability to influence design decisions with cross-functional stakeholders and being an advocate for the customer
- Lead by example, coach less experienced designers on Growth regarding best practices for UX design, design critiques, documentation, planning and presenting
- Balance prioritization and delivery across multiple projects in a strategic design lead capacity
- 7+ years experience as a UX (User-Experience Designer)/ Product Designer
- Experience in a test-driven environment (A/B testing) to help inform design direction.
- Communication and collaboration strategies with cross-functional partners PMs, engineering, other designers, and execs in evolving design proposals.
- Expertise in considering the technical difficulty of different designs, and in finding ways to test concepts as simply as possible.
- Experience coaching designers and setting high standards for design problem solving
- Experience building new consumer product offerings, and conducting user research to inform MVP definition and development.
- Core UX design skills with facilitating design sprints, use of design solving frameworks, creating user flow, defining IA, creating wireframes, prototyping
- Expertise in communicating the value of our product offerings in a way that consumers want to pay for them.
- Experience with subscription products.
- Use of visual design skills with a given UI pattern library
- Ability to work with a content strategist and understand the significance of positioning, messaging and voice in creating compelling, globally scalable, locally relevant growth customer experiences
Experince using design tools like Figma and Miro
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience designing for subscription products Experience designing products for a global audience, cultural sensitivity, global EQ/ IQ
- Hybrid skill set across the design capabilities from UX design to visual design
- Experience designing for consumer SaaS product(s)
- Experience in zero to one (designing and launching brand new products)—extra credit for zero to one in the context of a medium to large sized business