QA Automation Specialist
QA Automation Specialist
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely†
Leading SaaS Electronic Health Record (EHR) provider is seeking a QA Automation Specialist to join our growing team. The QA Automation Specialist will work with the companyís Quality Assurance, Software Development, and DevOps teams to continuously improve the application development and testing processes. They will have a background in Software Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Test Automation and should have a demonstrable track record in the design and implementation of automated quality control systems.
The ideal candidate will also have experience in change management and process optimization. They should be ready for the responsibility of teaching and/or mentoring other team members.
Duties / Responsibilities:● Working with internal Quality Assurance, Development, and DevOps teams to implement Automated Test Processes, including (but not limited to):
o Unit tests
o Integration tests
o End-to-end tests
o Smoke and sanity tests
● Maintenance, improvement, and, if required, replacement of existing automated test frameworks.
● Planning, design, development, and execution of comprehensive testing strategies for all stages of the software development lifecycle.
● Planning, design, development, maintenance, and execution of specific test cases and
encompassing test suites.
● Engaging the existing QA team in the practices of automated testing, including training, training recommendations, coaching, and mentoring when required.
● Promotion of quality-focused software development culture, including the training and coaching of the development team in the techniques of developing testable software in general, and test-driven development specifically.
● Change management inherent in the implementation of new processes, including stakeholder engagement, teaching, and mentoring.
● Continuous evaluation of existing systems with industry standards and making recommendations for improvement.
Must Have Skills:
● Bachelorís degree or higher in computer science or a related field, or equivalent field experience.
● 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance or software quality control related roles.
● 3+ years of experience in a directly related (QA Automation) role.
● Experience with design, creation, and maintenance of test automation frameworks targeting applications that use the Microsoft .NET stack (.NET, C#, IIS, SQL Server)
● Experience with automated testing of web-based applications (applications using modern front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, or Vue.js preferred)
● Experience with automated testing of web APIs and Services (SOAP, REST)
● Full understanding of the software development life cycle and associated best practices.
● Proficiency in working with stakeholders and cross-team coordination.
● Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
● Strong communication and documentation skills.
Nice to Have Skills:
● Experience in the healthcare industry would be considered a great asset.
● Experience in cloud technologies, especially Microsoft Azure, would be considered a great asset.
● Experience with the following application development platforms and technologies would be considered a great asset:
o Microsoft .NET stack (.NET, C#, IIS, SQL Server)
o Modern front-end frameworks (Angular preferred, but any experience with React or Vue.js would also be an asset)
● Knowledge of the following specific tools or tool categories would be a great asset:
o Selenium Hub
● Any experience related to process automation in general, and knowledge of any application development and/or scripting languages would be considered an asset.
● Knowledge of the following specific tools or tool categories would be an asset:
o Azure DevOps
o Crystal Reports