Montreal, Quebec, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies.
You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing infrastructure-as-code.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new AWS technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-native systems.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of cloud infrastructure in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
Must Have Skills:
- Strong practical scripting skills in Python or Go.
- Solid understanding of modern technologies like git, AWS serverless, EKS, microservices.
- Demonstrable experience with IaC languages such as Terraform/CloudFormation/Ansible.
- At least 2 years of experience working with AWS and/or other public clouds.
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins/GitLab CI.
- Experience with modern DevOps culture & tools.
- AWS certification preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.