Engineering Manager- Frontend
Engineering Manager- Frontend
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is an explosive-growth startup that is out to fix content monetization on the free Web. They've been named a “Top 10 Startup in AdTech” and we work with many of the biggest websites and publishers in the world.
You’ll be responsible for building and enhancing our product’s core AdTech components. Your role will feature technical challenges and plenty of opportunities to advance their engineering practices.
Must Have Skills:
What you're great at
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join our Engineering team as Engineering Manager, directly managing a team of front-end Engineers as we expand our cutting-edge adblock recovery platform. You will work with the latest tools and technologies as you expand your technical knowledge and contribute to the business’s success. Since we are a small team, your impact will be felt almost immediately.
Be part of an amazing team
As part of a fun, close-knit and highly talented team, you'll work on building innovative products and features for our publishers. You'll have the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry and contribute, as Blockthrough builds the internet of the future! We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and are looking to challenge themselves, grow quickly, and make massive contributions to the company’s success.
What you’ll be doing
- Direct a small team of engineers and act as a front-end architect.
- Perform regular 1-on-1 meetings with team members, coaching and mentoring.
- Work with our CTO, other Engineering Leaders and Product Manager to execute on the product vision.
- Conduct scrum ceremonies and hold stand-ups with the team.
- Contribute to reducing latency, improving code efficiency of the front end of the application stack.
- Work with modern build tools to streamline development, testing and deployment of front end code. Participate in code review sessions and work with other engineers to build optimal solutions.
What You’ll Need
- At least 6 years of experience working on front-end applications in a professional environment.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of Engineers.
- Familiarity with web applications and developer tools (such as chrome dev tools), using profilers and other web development tools.
Bonus if you have
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem and/or ad tech experience.
- Familiarity with tag management systems.
- Knowledge of the intricacies of working with different browsers (vendors, versions).
- Experience managing remote teams.
- Close-knit and collaborative culture with transparent leadership that cares
- Competitive compensation (including health benefits) and stock options at a fast-growing startup
- 4 weeks vacation
- Top-of -the-line hardware
- Optimal work-life balance
- Up to $1k home office reimbursement
- Professional Development Compensation
- 100% remote or the opportunity to work out of our central downtown Toronto office, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups