Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. They bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for their customers. They do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of their team’s tireless effort and dedication, they’re growing at a staggering rate.
Who we are looking for:An experienced Front-End Developer to work in one of our specific product domains. Including Sales, Marketing, Platform, R&D, Finance, as well as several other cross-functional teams.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
• Design and develop systems across all major departments including but not limited to; data, enterprise applications, and IT
• Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve highly complex software problems.
• Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
• Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
• Design and build complex systems that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
• Design and implement effective service/product interfaces.
• Develop roadmaps and prioritizes technical debt to effectively plan features and work.
• Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
• Respond to and troubleshoot highly complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Acts as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
Must Have Skills:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience with software engineering
• Expert in software design and problem solving across many domains/products.
• Expert in release, builds, testing and the entirety of the SDLC.
• At least one modern language on the back end (NodeJS, C#, Java, Python)
• Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
• Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser compatible code.