Associate, Full Stack Engineer
Associate, Full Stack Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
A full‐stack engineer is expected to solve data problems at scale, build practical data and streaming applications, collaborate with scientists and engineers, leverage data technologies, and related projects for the firm research and sales/ trading (buy/sell) offerings. The team‐member delivers solutions using predictions and/or intelligent automation to enable smarter business decisions, improve client relationships, reduce risk, generate revenue, and find cost‐saving opportunities. The team‐member communicates with the LOBs to summarize technical findings and business conclusions and presents actionable insight to trading desks and other business lines. The engineer drives innovation through the development of data products that can be leveraged across the organization and establishes best practices in alignment with
Data & AI governance frameworks.
Must Have Skills:
● 4-6 years of relevant experience in building software
● Bachelors degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics/Statistics
● knowledge of financial markets with previous exposure to the financial markets and/or analysis gained through a combination of work and educational qualifications
● understanding of trading or sales procedures and broader regulatory and financial concepts
● demonstrates solid deal/transaction execution and/or project management skills
● technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience
● strong verbal & written communication skills
● collaboration & team skills
● analytical and problem solving skills
● influence skills
● data driven decision making
Responsibilities:● develop and maintain multiple applications using a modern deployment pipeline
● strong web app development knowledge, preferably with a leading front‐end framework like React.JS
● familiarity with modern UX design principles
● experience using virtualization techniques such as Docker to modularize applications
● skilled in building quality code, familiarity with multiple programming languages and eager to learn others
● communicate closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs
● develop and support tools for monitoring and performance evaluation of data pipelines
● work with information security to apply security best practices to Web applications
● iterate quickly and release data pipeline and Web applications on a short release cycle
● develops analytical solutions and makes recommendations based on a clear understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
● works with stakeholders to identify business requirements, understand diverse problems and outcomes, and model business scenarios backed by data.
● works in an agile environment with multiple cross‐functional data science and engineering teams to deliver solutions.
● applies programming and analytical skills to diverse types of data to identify concrete solutions.
● presents findings and recommendations in a simple, clear way
● maximizes profit based on data.
● builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment with internal protocols
● supports the development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
● leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
● demonstrable advanced programming skills in modern languages
● understands all steps required in the delivery of demanding data products