Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada †-†Permanent
The Senior Software Developer performs a variety of activities involving the analysis, design, development, operation, and maintenance of software, following the iterative software development process and software engineering best practices. The Senior Software Developer is assigned duties based on the projects' needs and executes them while conforming to internal processes and procedures.
The Role:● Takes the lead on engineering design for certain projects
● Leads design discussions, code reviews, and code inspections
● Has working experience in iterative software development life cycle model, preferable following an Agile methodology like SCRUM, SAFe, XP, etc.,
● Coaches and mentors team members
● Writes well-designed, testable code
● Integrates software components into a fully functional software system
● Troubleshoots, debugs, and upgrades existing systems
● Documents and maintains software functionality
● Participates in cross-team software process improvement initiatives
● Works in a fast-paced organization following Agile methodology
● May be required to be on call
Must Have Skills:
● Strong understanding of design patterns and object oriented techniques
● Proven experience in design of complex software engineering solutions
● Experience with SQL, REST, and UI Frameworks
● Proven experience with JUnit/TestNG and mocking frameworks (Mockito, etc) for Unit and Integration tests
● Facilitate and develop plans for application changes
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Attention to details and change impact analysis
● Aptitude and interest to quickly learn new and emerging technologies and methods
● Strong written/spoken communication skills
● Ability to take a project from requirements to launch
Qualifications:● Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
● 5+ years of experience in software development
● 2+ years of development experience in a lead role
● Experience with object oriented programming including Java, C, and C++
● Eligible to work in Canada
Nice to Have Skills:
● Working experience with Git/Maven in a continuous build, continuous deployment environment.
● Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS.
● Working experience in iterative software development life cycle model, preferable following an Agile methodology like, SCRUM, SAFE, XP, etc.
● Working knowledge of the Atlassian stack - Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, etc.
● Background in the financial services industry and specifically wealth management industry.