Lead Platform Architect
Lead Platform Architect
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Their world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. They also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,000 employees across five continents, they combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
They are headquartered in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Role Overview:On a day-to day basis, the role holder will be responsible for owning and contributing to the success of our client's cloud infrastructure projects and overall architecture. Whilst they are a multi-cloud environment they are looking for someone who has a demonstrable experience in GCP client facing front end systems. This role will be responsible for supporting the wider team ensuring that they consider GCP Best Practices, Architectural Efficiency, Capacity, Security and Cost Optimisation. The role holder will also provide 3rd line assistance to escalated problems and major incidents, occasionally providing out of hours cover (paid in addition to salary).
This role sits within a focused team operating in a fast paced and multi faceted business, using a wide variety of the latest technologies. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based tech (predominantly GCP), with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient.
Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, and industry knowledge is key.
Though the role is predominantly cloud based, our client are a global company that cover multiple platforms, and are looking for someone who can add value, leading relationships with their Engineering and Product teams across all of the platforms they support centrally.
Must Have Skills:
● GCP Professional Cloud Architect - Must have
● Certification/knowledge of AWS - Desirable
● Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position with demonstrable GCP experience - Must have
● Experience of working with Data Science, Data Lakes and Data Analytics teams - Desirable
● Strong understanding of GCP VPC, Subnets, Routing, VPC peering, Network Peering, VPN etc - Must have
● Understanding of Cloud Database technologies, including Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Big Query, Cloud BigTable, Cloud Firestore, Firebase & Cloud Memorystore - Must have
● Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace, working on multiple projects in parallel - Must have
● Ability to deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems - Must have
● Working in a mixed Windows and Linux Operating System environment (Cloud platforms)
● Working knowledge of Sumo Logic, New Relic, IaC - Desirable
● Experience of working within and understanding of the Google Cloud Architecture Framework - Must have
Key Accountabilities:● Cloud implementation - Design & Deploy.
● Design skills, coupled with an ability to articulate and document design to a high standard following best practice methodologies
● Strong understanding of enterprise cloud architectural solutions
● Collaborating with our global engineering teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
● Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
● Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
● Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
● Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
● Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
● Staying current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
● Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
● Acting as a conduit between the Platforms Team and any relevant activity in the Americas region.
***This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.***