Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is a SaaS/fintech startup that ensures injury victims are awarded the full value of their claims, expanding the $100B+ in awards granted to injury victims every year.
Insurance companies and the legal system have made it difficult for millions of ordinary people to seek justice, especially for folks without means or who come from underrepresented backgrounds. Their vision is to help these injury victims get the justice they deserve, irrespective of their income, demographics, access to capital, or the quality of their legal representation.
Their cases include police brutality cases, child abuse cases, and motor vehicle accidents. For attorneys, our client sells software to help them put a dollar value on what their cases are worth. For injury victims, our client provides funding to help them not have to take a low-ball settlement offer.
Although they were founded less than two years ago, they're one of the fastest-growing startups and have raised ~$15M in funding from some of the best investors in the world (Signalfire, NFX, Tribe Capital, Greenoaks.), seasoned tech executives (i.e. VPs / CEOs of $B+ tech companies, including Google, Uber, Quora, Doordash, Clio) and celebrities that care about our social mission (such as Nas).
By joining their team, you will:
- Have immediate impact in a small and tightly-knit team: be a key part of building the foundational blocks of their software and the team culture. Start shipping production code in less than two weeks!
- Build impactful technology: You will build first-of-a-kind technology that will transform an analog industry to improve the lives of millions of injury victims that got their lives turned upside down at no fault of their own
- Work with a world-class team: Their team has deep expertise in technology, machine learning, law, and finance, combining experiences from careers at Google, Uber, Waymo, Quora, Vimeo, Blizzard, and more
You may be a fit for this if you:
- Have several years of industry experience building high-quality software, shipping production-ready code and infrastructure
- Are comfortable in working with Python and related frameworks (Django, Flask etc.) and/or modern frontend technologies such as React (next.js), Vue etc.
- Understand the value of having a codebase that is well-tested, easy-to-extend, and maintain
- Enjoy tackling technical challenges and delivering solutions that track to your estimates
- Can communicate technical ideas or issues in easy-to-understand and actionable terms
- Learn quickly and are seeking opportunities to work cross-functionally (including machine learning) and with a diverse group of people
- Are looking for new challenges to take your craft to the next level