Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input from a Quality Assurance and risk management perspective.
- Assure the continuous and uninterrupted running of the scheduled automated test runs; and test reports.
- Leads the test automation team; assures that all team members are able to deliver at their best capacity.
- Takes architectural directives from the Automation Architect and implements changes in the existing test automation framework.
- Creates, contributes to and socializes test strategy and test objectives with the larger project teams.
- Plans and designs test cases based on guidelines and requirements defined in the organization Test Case Design Guidelines and Standards. Updates standards where and when necessary in order to achieve expected test objectives / coverage.
- Assures that the selected test design techniques deliver the expected coverage requirements; and achieves test objectives.
- Review product documentation to ensure technical accuracy, standard compliance and completeness.
- Run tool based operations tests such as APi tests using Postman; and Load tests using JMeter.
- Create QA sign-off reports based on the test results gathered while running the tests.
- Validate deployment procedures; conduct deployment tests.
- Maintain QA automation deployment pipelines.
Must Have Skills:
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience leading a test automation team.
- 5+ Years of automation focused QA testing experience.
- Experience in using Java to utilize Selenium Webdriver and Appium
- Knowledge with server side technologies: PHP and Java.
- Excellent risk assessment and test planning skills while paying absolute attention to detail.
- Experience creating stubs using Python or similar scripting language.
- Experience in creating comprehensive test cases using Postman and JMeter.
- Experience with generating load / stress testing with JMeter.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting APIs, and validating API health using CURL, or other industry leading tools / techniques.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases..
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; or extensive work experience in a similar role.
Nice to Have Skills:
It would be nice if you also have (Other Skills and Experience):
- Experience working with Sauce Labs or similar for automation.
- ISTQB or CSTE certification.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including senior management.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented, excellent time management skills