Senior Full Stack Engineer
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is a Canadian mobile-focused eCommerce, travel, and FinTech scale-up that, just 4 years since its inception, is poised to process their $1 Billion in transactions.
To what do they owe their success? Using data-driven decision making to take calculated risks, creating the most value for users, and by giving the team the autonomy and support they need to perform and grow.
As they scale, they need several talented Sr. Full Stack (and Front End) Engineers to help shape everything their users interact with; chatbots, product front ends, and the databases services powering these.
Expect to:• Ship high-impact projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, iterative environment
• Have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and see the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics and user experience
• Own features, services, caches, and databases, including: deployment, monitoring, debugging, and testing
• Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews
• Mentor junior developers
• Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
• Be data-driven and close to the customer, running experiments for nearly everything you launch
The Tech Stack:• State of the art architecture powered by services written with Node / Express, Python / Flask, React / Redux, and our proprietary chatbot engine.
• Postgres for storage and Redis for caching.
• Gitlab for version control and (along with Docker) CI/CD, and our infrastructure is hosted on AWS, making use of Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, etc.
• They invest heavily in monitoring and automated alerting using Datadog.
• They log application-level information using a proprietary logging pipeline, and leverage data analysis using Snowflake.
• They use Amplitude, Hotjar, and LogRocket for client-side metrics and experimentation.
Must Have Skills:
• You have 5+ years professional working experience in backend software development, and 3+ years of Python or Node on the backend, or React / Redux on the frontend
• You are willing to work with both backend and frontend parts of the stack, though the proportion of time spent doing each will be influenced by your interests
• You have experience working with web services and are comfortable tackling system design challenges
• You are interested in building products in a startup environment: moving quickly, being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, continuously learning.
• You are highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive complex projects end-to-end
• You are a strong communicator, and able to thrive on an agile team, contributing to: standups, sprint ceremonies, and quarterly project planning, and working with various internal and external stakeholders