Senior Web Architect
Senior Web Architect
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
Our client are on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. They apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, they're committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 333 million consumers and over 21 million merchants. Since their journey began 6 years ago, they've launched the a Canadaian app (a bill management app), and a QR-based payment app in Japan, all while powering the the original India app.
Job Description:They're looking for a Senior Web Architect interested in building progressive web apps. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
Must Have Skills:
● Care about quality, both in your product design and codebase
● Solid understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, etc.).
● Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS
● You believe in automated tests and taking ownership over the quality of your code. We use Cypress and Jest for our automation testing, if you have experience in these areas it would be a plus
● Nice to have tailwind experience
● Be a change agent. Help move our design, development, and delivery processes into the next generation
● Advise on front-end strategy, framework selection, emerging technology
● Develop front-end code based on wireframes, visual designs, and UX specifications
● Lead a team of front-end developers in the successful execution
● You are used to working collaboratively, participating in code review and being a great teammate
Responsibilities:● You will help scale our products and existing systems to support millions of users
● You will participate in architectural and design review discussions
● You will collaborate with other engineers and the Product team to define clear deliverables and establish project milestones
● You will take ownership of features from end to end by going through design, implementation, testing and maintenance phases
● You will identify opportunities to improve existing code or architecture