Director of QA
Director of QA
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with them to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform to transform their talent.
Must Have Skills:
- Define and evolve the client's overall long term vision and strategy
- Recruit and manage a world-class test engineering team
- Design and implement scalable test systems, infrastructures and processes per strategy
- Prioritize and drive test execution to support company business objectives
- Partner with other senior leaders to strategize long term product and engineering efforts
- 10+ years of experience software engineering in test, with 5+ years as a functional leader.
- Current/Prior hands-on coding experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, growing, coaching high-performance engineering teams
- Demonstrated expertise in designing test methodology, process and architecture for internet-scale application with in-depth understanding of underlying technologies
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to drive changes and results across organization
- Excellent judgment in deciding between buy vs build; in-house vs outsourcing based on business context
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-moving & growing startup environment