Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. They are all about matchmaking, and their sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, their team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use their marketplaces every month. And they do that by being experts in their field, basing improvements on data and bringing together their network of talented teams.
About the team:Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. They are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where they already have a presence and in prospective markets.
Must Have Skills:
● We believe an SRE with a DevOps approach to problem-solving wins the day
● A drive for stability makes your time on the 24/7 on-call rotation fit into your life. Don't worry, we understand the need to level up on the platform first!
● The list... Linux, bash/Python and command line tools, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, MySQL (Vanilla, Percona), Solr, Redis, Sentinel, Varnish, Tomcat, NginX... brings a smile to your face
● There are stickers on your laptop for Prometheus, Graphite and Kibana
● Puppet and Ansible are close personal friends
● Daydreaming of GCP and OpenStack as normal occurrences
● You are good on your own, but shine in a team.
● Excellent communicator in English
What to expect:● Meaningful Work: They are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for users, customers as well as shape the future.
● Flexibility: They believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So you will be provided mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. They empower teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
● Work-Life Balance: People really do come first and they have lots of options for greater work-life balance including, four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
● Growth and Development: They are a global organization who truly believes in growing their people. To support this they offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for team members.
● Competitive Compensation: They know that people are the key to success and the compensation packages reflect this.
● Connection and Inclusion: Culture is the glue that holds us together. They believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).