Remote, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely†
Our client is a SaaS/fintech startup that ensures injury victims are awarded the full value of their claims, expanding the $100B+ in awards granted to injury victims every year. Every year, the legal system has made it difficult for millions of ordinary people to seek justice, especially for folks without means or who come from underrepresented backgrounds. Their vision is to help these injury victims get the justice they deserve, irrespective of their income, demographics, or the quality of their legal representation.
Their cases include police brutality cases, child abuse cases, California wildfire and motor vehicle accidents. For attorneys, they build ML-driven software that helps them put a dollar value on what their cases are worth, arming them with data to win larger settlements, faster. For personal injury victims, they provide funding for their cases, so they can pursue their cases without settling early. The more cases our client evaluates or funds, the more proprietary data they collect, the more accurate their predictions are, delivering greater value to both attorneys and victims.
As one of the fastest-growing startups ($0 to ~$2M in ARR in ~1 year), they've raised $15M in investment from some of the best investors in the world (Signalfire, DCM, NFX, Tribe Capital, Greenoaks), seasoned tech executives (i.e. founder of Quora, SVP at Google, former CPO at Uber), and public figures that care about their social mission (Nas, Jared Leto, Byron Jones). Their team comes from top tech, legal, and investing backgrounds including Waymo, Google, Amazon, Uber, Quora, Blizzard, Norton Rose, Warburg Pincus, Bain, Oliver Wyman.
Why they're hiring:In the past year, their engineering and data science team grew from 1 to ~10 and they rolled out infrastructure updates, new products, and updates to existing workflows - combining data, ML frontend and backend work. 2022 is an exciting year for them; they expect the technical team to triple to 30+ as they deliver on a roadmap to handle 10x their current volume. As their teamís headcount continues to grow, they are now in a position to onboard their first Product Lead. This product lead will impact every design decision they make, touching growth, product development, customers and report directly to the founding team!
As the Product Lead:- You enjoy working cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds
- You want to build a first-of-a-kind product that touches data, ML, frontend and backend engineering to improve the lives of millions of injury victims that got their lives turned upside down at no fault of their own
- You are a master of your craft and have a process and you can lead people through it
- You are detail-oriented and know itís the little things that make people love a product
- You care about listening and intimately knowing the people youíre designing for and how your work impacts their lives
- You know what it takes to build software and how to work within its constraints
- You want to surround yourself with intelligent people across a wide breadth of disciplines of technology, machine learning, law, and finance, combining experiences from careers at Google, Uber, Waymo, Quora, Vimeo, Blizzard, and more
- You have done this before with around 5+ years experience as a Product Manager
Benefits & Perks:Our client seeks to empower all of their team members to fulfill our mission of making the world a more just place, regardless of their teamís function, geography or experience level. To that end, they offer:
- Fully remote setup - work from wherever you feel is best (Plus stipend to upgrade your home office!)
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Offsites - get to meet your coworkers on a fully-expensed trip every 6-12 months!
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Flexible paid time off
- A variety of virtual team events such as game nights & happy hours