Senior Ruby Developer
Senior Ruby Developer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
We are looking to welcome a new Lead Developer for our Ruby Software Development team. In this position you will report into the Director of Engineering.
As the team lead you will lead a team of developers to success by owning, building, maintaining, and improving on current applications used to deliver Lighthouse Labs operations. You will oversee each aspect of the development process, and act as the liaison between your team and upper management.
What you’ll be doing:
● Leading (but not managing) a team of software development professionals, which involves technical planning, discussing possible solutions and deciding on the ideal one, performing code reviews, merging code changes and even deployment.
● Writing features, enhancements and fixing bugs in our existing web applications.
● Learning about and becoming acutely aware of each of our software products in terms of their capabilities, limitations and roadmaps.
● Work closely with our Director of Technology and across functional stakeholders, such as our Education, Product, Sales, and Marketing teams, to develop the best technical design and approach for our existing applications.
● Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensuring that design meets requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
● Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, plan architectural changes and lead software development efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
● Collaborate with the Data team for software features with data expertise and involvement (reports, etc.)
The technology stack you’ll be working with:
● Ruby on Rails
Must Have Skills:
What you bring to the table:
● 7+ years of Software Development experience, with 3+ years of experience building and leading strong engineering teams.
● Strong combination of technical education and work experience.
● Deep hands-on technical expertise in web-technologies.
● Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, and automated testing.
● Experience building and maintaining web applications (SPAs and/or MPAs) developed using MVC frameworks such as Rails, Django or similar
● Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why you’ll like the job:
● Fast-paced culture focused on continuous learning and growth
● 4 WEEKS PTO!(15 vacation days, 5 personal days)
● Unlimited sick-days
● A remote working budget to get your home office up and running
● A learning fund to support professional development
● Flexible working hours
● 100% employer-paid health benefits