Edge Computing Developer
Edge Computing Developer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client's machine learning platforms leverage automotive assembly and vehicle data to detect the earliest indicators of future product failures. We help automakers optimize quality, safety, and reliability throughout the entire product life cycle, from the assembly line to the finish line.
They're looking for a Cloud Edge developer who is motivated to deliver efficient Edge computing component of our Cloud based SaaS solution.
You will work with Product Managers, Product Owners, customers, engineers, support, and marketing to create compelling Edge solutions that are reliable, efficient, easy to use, easy to maintain, and can work on the Cloud software architecture to allow delegation of some system functionalities to the Edge computing device
Key Responsibilities:• Develop and update our Edge computing solution that facilitates IoT data pipeline as well as on Edge ML (Machine Learning) inference
• Ensure Edge component’s reliable functioning even when network connectivity is interrupted
• Ensure secure communication between the Edge component and cloud component
• Ensure manageability and upgradability of the Edge component from the Cloud control center
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Must Have Skills:
• a self-starter who works well independently and with others.
• skilled at organizing and prioritizing your work in an agile environment.
• familiar with and appreciate making data-driven decisions.
• no fear of learning new tools and technologies.
• 5+ years of combined experience in Edge computing, IoT data management, containerized scalable Cloud applications, Network and security in complex IT/OT environment
o OR equivalent education plus experience
• actively worked with modern Edge devices, such as Industrial PC, Edge computing solutions, HMI, PLC, Raspberry Pi, etc.
• proficient in containerizing applications and remote deployment model
• bootstrap update/safe mode for containerized applications.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience in Manufacturing, especially Automotive or Transportation industry an invaluable asset
• Experience with Azure DevOps Boards
• C/C++ is a plus
• IoT development experience, knowledge in MQTT, Modbus, OPC UA, a plus
• Additional points for proficiency in network traffic control and secure communication and data at rest