Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
A founder-led company based in downtown Toronto is looking to grow their team. Their platform helps talent scouts around the world find the best-undiscovered artists through data analytics and machine learning. You will be working with a small team of talented people who have a shared passion for the music industry.
- Develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for their subsidiary record labels
across 25+ countries to fully deploy the platform across their talent scouting, marketing,
and analytics functions.
- Work closely with some of the most influential music executives and creatives around
the world, to help them marry data with their artistic instincts.
- Partner with our engineering and analysis teams to ship well-crafted products in a highly
iterative delivery approach
- Tell the story of how data helps us make decisions and bring value to our artists
- Be the glue between stakeholder groups with vastly different lived experiences
- Thoroughly understand the business of music and how their product can
continue to identify and connect amazing artists with massive global fanbases
- Execute at a fast pace with a focus on customer value, adoption and user satisfaction
Must Have Skills:
- A proven history of success in product management roles at high-tech companies. You’ve
owned and led the shipping of complex products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience drawing insight from data: formulating hypotheses, applying basic mathematics to
validate them, and using intuition to guide further investigation
- Strong understanding of SQL
- A keen eye for practical, beautiful design and understanding of UI principles
- A passion for the music industry as well as an interest in emerging artists and the latest trends
Nice to Have Skills:
- Understanding of full-stack web development and database design principles/optimization
- Experience in the music, media, or entertainment industry
- Ideally, you've built an exciting SaaS product and loved the satisfaction that comes with
knowing that people around the world are using what you've created
- They're currently fully remote. Once the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided, they will have a
flexible working arrangement, with a mix of onsite and remote work based on your preferences. Their office is located at Richmond/Spadina in downtown Toronto.
- Great benefits package