Fullstack Scala Developer
Fullstack Scala Developer
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
For over 10 years a Montreal based start-up has led a transformation shift in how brands interact with prospective customers. This platform has disrupted the e-commerce industry and raised the stakes in a highly competitive industry. Their innovative solution not only captures engagement, but broadens the omni-channel sales funnel by connecting consumers with brand ambassadors one-on-one. This platform platform empowers retailers of scale and SMB's to capture engagement, craft narratives and foster brand awareness through personalized interactions across sales channels.
The Fullstack Scala Developer's scope of responsibilities will be focused but not limited to backend software development including but not limited to...
- 80/20 Backend to Frontend
- Developing complex applications and ecosystems for web and mobile.
- Deliver well-engineered solutions by interpreting, deconstructing and managing tasks.
- Striking balance between creative ingenuity and sound engineering through quality of code to solve complex business challenges.
- Forge strategic and cross-functional relationships to tackle multi-faceted projects, responsibilities and timelines.
- Recognize, foster and cultivate talent among junior developers. Through technical problem-solving, code reviews and paired programming.
- Provide innovative and bespoke client software solutions.
- Design, develop and scale the 2.0 version of the flagship solution utilized by largest retailers in the world.
- Design, develop and deliver platform components such as conversational agents, multivariate optimization technologies and integrations with live chat systems.
- Provide technical guidance to your team, provide decisive decision making on technical approaches, solutions and tradeoffs.
- Have fun
Must Have Skills:
- University or College degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Information Technology
- 5 to 7 years Scala, Typescript, Golang, Elixir or Java
- Experience with modern ReactJS and TypeScript
- Measurable Micro-service development experience
- Experience building distributed systems
- Team player with collaborative approach and "can do" attitude
- Superb communication and engagement ability to craft narratives and discuss concepts
- Passion for continuous learning, heterogeneity of new skills, frameworks and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with distributed architecture event-based architecture and server-less systems.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Functional knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and related tools like Pulumi, Terraform, Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL and/or CouchDB
- 100% remote or occasionally in-office, it's your choice
- Flexible scheduling, work when you are most productive.
- Health care and dental benefits as of first day of employment.
- Complimentary Udemy Courses.
- $500 Work from home allowance.
- 4 Weeks Vacation + Flex days.
- Competitive base salary and company performance bonus.