Montreal, Quebec, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely†
Every organization has raw data that can generate predictive insights to help delight customers, create amazing products, and build efficient, sustainable businesses. Building the necessary systems and processes that transform raw data into predictive power is hard. Really hard. And unfortunately, most organizations donít have the internal skills or resources to build these systems themselves.
Our clients platform helps ML Scientists and Engineers automate and scale the task of data labelling and annotation.
Our client is introducing brand new initiatives that will bring them to scale many times beyond where they are today. To meet and exceed their goals, they need a talented and ambitious Senior Software Architect who possesses a strong desire to build, and a drive to succeed.
Are you a hands-on architect who enjoys architecting & designing solutions to complex business requirements, ready to tackle the transactional & analytical challenges that come in working with massive amounts of constantly changing data and someone who can captivate a technical audience with your deep technical and domain knowledge?
What you will be doing?
● Work with technical and business stakeholders, define and present technology roadmap, future state architecture, technical solution analysis and implementation plans
● Work collaboratively & iteratively with product management on the development of new software products, enhancements and redesigns which are aligned with business requirements and strategy
● Conduct architecture and technical workshops, brainstorming and design sessions
● Work across all engineering teams to validate API, content and architecture decisions
● Build a mutually trustworthy relationship with the customers based on deep understanding of their business drivers, strategic goals, and technical challenges
● Identify and improve ineffective or missing processes or tools which may be a hindrance to project execution
● Work with QA to create comprehensive automated testing suites
● Utilizing your technical and trouble-shooting skills, quickly get to the root cause of unexpected platform behavior, debug and help resolve complex technical issues.
● Leverage your experience to work closely with Product Management, Engineering and Customer Support staff to identify, document and help resolve technical issues and product feature/functionality gaps.
● Support and help grow the open source community through your participation in meet-ups, design/code camps and technical speaking engagements
Must Have Skills:
● 7+ years of software development experience, with 3+ years as an architect
● Bachelorís Degree in CS or closely related field, or equivalent experience
● Demonstrated experience architecting and implementing highly scalable, highly transactional, distributed, multi-threaded applications
● Hands-on experience in working with various RDBMS, preferably Postgres.
● Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies, including automation & containerization technologies like Ansible, Terraform, k8s, etc.
● Understanding of security protocols, frameworks, design patterns and technologies
● Familiarity with cloud-based architectures and deployments preferrably AWS
● Experienced in Python + Django
● Experience in managing or developing projects using Agile methodologies
● Excellent technical documentation skills and testing skills
● Enjoy mentoring, influencing and teaching junior developers
● Enjoy process development and continuous improvement
● Small team / startup experience
● Solid problem solving, analytical abilities, consulting and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business and in a global and regional team environment.
● Strong customer focus and relationship management skills.
● Self-organized and able to thrive under pressure.
● Great communication skills