Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share worldwide? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, our client is a company you can be proud to be with.
Our client's team is looking for an Engineering Architect to work on key parts like the home page, global header and growth experiences. You’ll be working with a world-class team of engineers, designers, product managers, and analysts to create great products that make a difference on one of the world’s most trafficked and loved websites. Their technology stack includes a Node front-end app and a Java/Scala based back-end.
The ideal candidate will have a strong history of backend development experience with experience leading small teams. They are a team that likes to move fast and iterate faster as they deliver the future of e-commerce. They only want to work with the best, and they’d love for you to join them.
Job Requirements:- Exceptional programming skills in Java/Scala/Kotlin
- Experience building and consuming horizontally scalable RESTful API’s
- High focus on building scalable, reliable and high-quality applications
- Lead engineering design, and drive architectural evolution
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, and Kafka is a plus
- Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology
- A constant desire to improve and learn
- Ability to write reusable and maintainable code
- Self-driven and able to get things done
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science and relevant experience in software design
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, our client offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because they know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.