Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Permanent
Our client works to identify and solve the most complex and highest value business problems that can be addressed through data science techniques. To achieve this, they provide data science, operations research and artificial intelligence solutions and software products to a broad range of industry and technology partners.
You will work in a client project environment with an AI-Agile Team composed of a Team Lead, other Software Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, and Data Scientists and contribute to building of complex AI products. You will share your technical software development knowledge, skills and leadership to achieve the best results.
•Plan and deliver data-intensive client-side applications
•Work directly with renowned scientists and computational biologists
•Work with Product Management to consistently delight our customers
•Spend a significant portion of your time writing production code
• Contribute to the design and implementation of product features and core UI components, focusing on creating a delightful user experience for our users, while delivering secure, scalable, performant, high quality solutions.
• Participate in setting the direction of our core products and systems by working closely with Product and Data, and fellow Engineers, contributing to engineering discussions, architecture decisions, design reviews, and peer code reviews.
• Document best practices, guides, systems design, architectural decisions, and code design specifications.
Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of professional software development experience.
• Experience working with large, integrated systems with external dependencies, web services, and APIs (REST and/or GraphQL).
• Solid experience with software development lifecycles and agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, strong ability to collaborate with fellow Engineers, Product and other technical functions.
• Proven ability to prototype, ask for feedback, and iterate quickly.
• Demonstrated ownership and pride in the quality of the software you work on.