Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
We are reimagining the restaurant guest experience. We're an omnichannel digital ordering platform that uses machine learning to deliver restaurant guests a personalized and delightful ordering experience that, in turn, makes restaurant brands more profitable. We aim to put hospitality front and centre in any digital restaurant experience.
Today, our company powers in-store ordering for leading restaurant brands like Bluestone Lane, Sprinkles, Mooyah, and Aramark.
Headquartered in New York City, we continue to grow aggressively as we work towards elevating hospitality everywhere.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our team in New York or Toronto and help us bring our platform to the next level so we can serve more guests and more restaurants. We are looking for someone who's quick on their feet as we are a lean team that likes to move fast and learn new things on the go. We are all about fast iteration, while maintaining the attention to detail that is essential to a user experience that keeps guests coming back.
In order to provide a seamless experience both to guests and to restaurant brands, our platform has to communicate with a broad and ever-growing array of external services. We have a modular plug-n-play architecture that makes it easy to add any new integration from Point of Sale systems, to loyalty platforms, to payments processors. We also have a completely customizable guest UI that can be deployed to every restaurant in seconds. And it's all built using Node.js and MongoDB. There is never a lack of interesting challenges in need of inventive solutions, and we’d love to have you experimenting alongside us.
Must Have Skills:
What you will be responsible for:
● Building modular, well-tested, and documented code
● Developing and architecting Node.js APIs and backend services
● Always thinking about scalability, availability, and security
● Collaborating closely with the engineering and product teams
● Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code
● You keep up to date with all the latest developments in the space and are excited about applying them
● You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
● You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner and using build tools to optimize performance
● You have experience developing and debugging Node.js applications in a large-scale production environment
● You’re familiar with unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and know when each is appropriate
● You have experience with Github and Agile Development
● You're knowledgeable in deploying to and monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
We offer an array of benefits including competitive salaries, an equity plan, full spectrum of healthcare coverage, and a generous vacation policy.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, everyone here is working from home. The safety and wellbeing of our team members is paramount to us and we are especially cognizant of everyone's different comfort levels given the uncertainty in the air.
However, in the long term, we do want our Engineering team to be clustered around our two offices in NYC and Toronto in a hybrid capacity, since it greatly facilitates access to hardware that we work with day to day.