Product Manager (Software)
Product Manager (Software)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada †-†Permanent
The client is looking for a Product Manager who will provide thoughtful leadership for software services
that aim to improve peopleís health, wellness, and athletic performance. This person will develop and
maintain the product roadmap and the launch dates of new products/product extensions, with an emphasis on
The ideal candidate is a problem-solver who has a strong background in software product development to
define, develop, implement, and manage product and marketing strategies. This cross-functional role will
work with internal and external stakeholders while advocating on behalf of customers.
● Define and lead the product vision and roadmap both internally, and externally with key
● Coordinate with the sales and marketing team to collect market requirements and develop product
launch and go-to-market strategy.
● Raising brand awareness through constant communication and sharing best practices.
● Collaborating with multiple levels of the organization, and working closely alongside engineers,
design, and marketing.
● Consistently looking for areas of improvement to grow, improve financial performance, and gain
competitive advantage by identifying and articulating new opportunities in the marketplace.
● Build a deep understanding of customer needs and insights and represent the customer as a
stakeholder throughout the design process.
● Assist in marketing by identifying opportunities, leading market segmentation, and targeting, product
positioning, value proposition, and messaging that resonates with the target audience.
● Support tradeshows, and provide product demonstrations when necessary.
Must Have Skills:
A bachelorís degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
● Minimum 5 years of product management experience in software products or services.
● Familiarity with software product development lifecycle best practices, and well-versed in Waterfall
Agile, and Lean Product Development Methodologies.
● Experience working alongside both engineering, design, and marketing teams.
● Experience working on both web & mobile applications would be an asset.
● Experience using both qualitative and quantitative methods to inform smart product decisions.
● Familiarity with capturing customer insights, product usage, and user behaviors through product
● Uses data/analytics to drive product strategy and is familiar with product analytic tools.
● Understands the business side of product management as well as the technical.
● Comfortable engaging with end-users, conducting user research, and intelligently integrating
insights into your work as needed.
● Strong initiative, leadership, and communication skills are a must.