Machine Learning Researcher
Machine Learning Researcher
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client incubates and funds companies. Unconstrained by industry, they originate the ideas, hire the early teams, fund, launch, and grow each company, and maintain an integral leadership role from beginning through exit.
They have collectively raised more than $2B in venture capital and employ thousands of people. On the investment side, they are one of the most active early stage funds.
They are hiring a research scientist with machine learning expertise to create models that diagnose and predict neuropsychiatric conditions using physiological data. The ideal candidate is pragmatic and curious, excited to learn new frameworks and techniques, and able to apply the best performing models to clinical problems in the real world.
In this role, you will be working on a team with engineers and statisticians to develop ML solutions for healthcare diagnostics and treatment areas, starting with Alzheimer’s Disease and Major Depressive Disorder, among others.
You will also:
- Design, train, and implement machine learning models to classify and predict neuropsychiatric conditions;
- Collaborate with our interdisciplinary team to develop, test, and rank models that will be selected for product integration;
- Support our machine learning engineer(s) with model integration and debugging;
- Utilize multi-modal physiological data, such as EEG, eye tracking, heart rate, and more to develop biomarkers for neuropsychiatric conditions;
- Collaborate with leading scientific researchers on scientific publications;
- Keep up to date with ML and deep learning research literature – implement novel techniques from adjacent research areas (e.g. audio and video engineering, speech recognition, eye movement), to develop the highest performing models for healthcare applications.
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience;
- Demonstrable proficiency writing code in Python, in particular with Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, PyTorch, Keras or similar (familiarity with Tensorflow is ideal, but flexibility across toolchains is strongly preferred);
- 2+ years of experience in applied machine learning solving real-world problems;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – published work such as papers, code, talks are a plus.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computational Neuroscience or related technical field.
- Experience working with physiological signals, such as electroencephalography (EEG), electromyography (EMG), eye tracking, heart rate
- Experience applying machine learning to audio data, such as speech recognition models.
- Experience working on interdisciplinary teams shipping ML models in production