San Francisco, California, USA - Permanent
Our client is a remote-first Series A company which has raised over $100m in funding, backed by Sequoia Capital. We are looking for thoughtful, low-ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. Our client is a team of passionate makers and tinkerers with a healthy disregard for constraints and a love of experimentation.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but not be limited too:
- Being responsible for designing, developing, and deploying major game features from end to end.
- Being the champion for the user and having real input on the end-user product!
- Insist on the highest standards and create functional and engaging features that will delight our client users.
- Be part of a tight game development team looking to iterate fast on a fun concept and then build it out.
- Be a key member of a high-performing software engineering team while collaborating with design, engineering, and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Hands on architect and coder for sophisticated client/server systems for mobile gaming.
- Innovate and iterate on process, systems, and technology to deliver world-class social games.
- Being a leader; Identifying and articulating technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generating solutions.
Must Have Skills:
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams.
- Proven effectiveness in directing or delivering high-quality production software with at least one shipped product of which you were a primary contributor (self-published products are acceptable).
- High motivation to work in the game industry backed by demonstrable games on which you were a primary contributor (self-produced work is acceptable).
- Proficient at using script debuggers like Chrome Debugger.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Familiarity with git, svn, or other VCS.
- Great communication skills, self-starter, analytical, creative, and a strong team player.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (for example: UI, Physics, graphics, multiplayer, game logic, animation, etc.).
- Both Android and iOS game development experience.
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics, and A/B testing in mobile games.
- Understanding of the reactive UI paradigm and experience building UIs using reactive UI frameworks (such as React, and state management Utilities like Redux).
- Knowledgeable about what NPM components can do, and what functionality you are better off custom coding.