Montreal, Quebec, Canada †-†Permanent
Our client is an emerging health-tech platform revolutionizing how medical data is collected, analyzed, accessed, and stored. They are in the burgeoning stages of developing a Medidata search engine that will democratize access to medical research powered using next-gen artificial intelligence.
Their team of scientist, software engineers, solution architects, product designers and site reliability engineers are among the best and brightest in the industry. Together they are delivering a platform of applications which has led to a transformational shift in how medical data is accessed, interpreted, and shared across the globe. Saving time and lives.
The Engineering Manager will be a key contributor to steward growth, contribute to product delivery, infrastructure, architecture, and feature development.
- The team you are working with is as equally as important as the work you are doing.
- You are a seasoned and experienced software engineer with a resume of successful projects in a variety of environments of differing size and scale.
- You thrive in the start-up environment, you understand itís demands, complexity of scale and unique challenges.
- You are driven through intellectual curiosity to products/projects with long-term potential.
- You possess the technical aptitude to bring to market and scale an application with wide user adoption.
- Work in concert with a full-stack technical team of research-driven engineers and to deliver the best-in-class products, designs and features.
- Comfortably switch between managing a team and architecting and planning technical solutions to hands-on development.
- Strategic Management - You will be part of the executive team, planning and managing project road maps, and playing a key part in driving your team towards on-time delivery
- Software Engineering - 25% As a key hands-on developer, you lead by example to design and architect software, do hands-on code reviews, perform testing
- Typescript, Material-UI, React
- Python, GraphWL, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a relevant Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ of experience as a software engineering leader
- 10+ years of Software engineering experience
- Experience working with two or more: Distributed systems, development, and/or machine learning
- Excellent communication skills, critical analysis, and deductive reasoning abilities
Nice to Have Skills:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Technical experience with cloud services technologies
- Experience with ideation and innovation of technology at scale and leading the transformation from internal infrastructure to enterprise-class platform
- Experience with large-scale software systems serving developers and/or end users
- Ability to be an innovative problem solver that can turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear solutions, and comfort with new technology and thinking outside the box to develop and implement solutions
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role