Senior Product Manager - Privacy
Senior Product Manager - Privacy
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our mission is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and $50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We're building the best product for the entertainment industry but operate in a $50B market and have big goals we want to achieve. With over $130M USD raised from Tiger Global Management, Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn't a better time to join!
The Opportunity – Senior Product Manager (Remote - USA / CANADA)
Are you passionate about privacy practices? Do you read all of the T&C’s after an app updates? Are you someone who likes to go deep into the details. Could you chat at a dinner party about the future of privacy? Do you want to own and drive company level decisions regarding privacy? Then this is the role for you.
What you'll Do:
● Own and drive implementation of the privacy product roadmap including customer-facing experiences and back-end decisions.
● Build a deep understanding of the data lifecycle to inform and prioritize your and your stakeholders’ roadmaps.
● Be the expert for privacy when it comes to the business - drive frameworks that help us wrap our heads around the privacy, security, and compliance challenges in our industry. Research and understand data privacy requirements and how/where they apply to us.
● Deep dive into existing and emerging data privacy challenges within the labor and financial services space
● Support legal’s efforts to develop and implement internal privacy policies end-to-end including design, development, testing, and compliance.
● Work with legal to interpret upcoming or current regulatory, legislative, and contractual privacy requirements and drive them downstream to product teams.
● Assess and advise on privacy risk and impact of new features to cross-functional stakeholders
● Collaborate with our Security Compliance team to share knowledge and accelerate efforts to meet a high bar for privacy and security compliance
● Drive cross-functional, cross-organizational collaboration on achieving privacy mission and vision.
Must Have Skills:
What you'll Have:
● 5+ years of technical product management experience
● Strong critical thinker, creative problem solver, fast learner, and customer advocate
● Experience working within privacy organizations to advise and collaborate with cross-functional (product, design, engineering, ops, etc.) teams to define and implement privacy requirements
● Have the highest integrity when working with sensitive data
● Comfortable with high ambiguity and conducting investigations to help remove ambiguity for the organization
● Knowledge and understanding of applicable privacy laws and regulations
● Experience developing and implementing Privacy by Design processes within complex and ambiguous regulatory landscape
● Experience designing and implementing technology solutions that impact the data lifecycle from collection, storage, access to retention and deletion
● Experience working with legal to interpret, communicate, and clarify regulatory requirements to cross-functional stakeholders
● Experience in financial services, payroll, or other technically complex industry
Nice to Have Skills:
We think you'll be an amazing fit if:
● IAPP certification
● Experience with data loss prevention technologies and strategies
● Experience in data protection techniques related to storing data in databases and applications
● Experience working directly with regulators to complete audits/inquiries
● Experience/strong interest in working in a start-up environment and/or in a technology consulting firm
Why Join Us:
We are where creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts.
● Minimum Time Off: Everyone is encouraged to take at least 3 weeks off annually. An easy way to remember this policy is "take what you need, check with your lead". It's really that simple.
● Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
● Health and Dental benefits
● Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
● Up to 4% matching RRSP / 401K
● Learning and Development Allowance
● $150 monthly lifestyle benefits
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
We pledge to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.