Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
San Mateo, California, USA
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is actively seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join their core team. This role is a unique opportunity to make a mark on the trillion-dollar P&C insurance industry.
We are looking for a passionate full-stack engineer who will play a central role in the development of our client's award-winning platform. You will be working closely with individuals in engineering, data science, and product. The ideal person has an interest in psychology and what motivates individual differences in human behaviour.
Some of the things you'd be responsible for, but not limited to:
● Developing a client-facing web-based data analysis and activation platform
● Working closely with Product & Data Science teams to integrate data visualizations
● Creating & Optimizing user experience, and enabling users to drive insights and actions
● Deploying, maintaining, and monitoring cloud-based servers and infrastructure in the AWS (nodeJS/flask microservices deployed in containers in Docker/Kubernetes)
● Automating Everything!
Must Have Skills:
The ideal person should have the following:
● Enthusiasm to work in a small, qucikly growing, fast-paced startup
● 3+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications with rapid iterative release cycles
● Demonstrates skills & experience with a modern web framework (React, Angular, Vue) and has an understanding of web security best practices
● Front-end development and integration experience with HTML/CSS
● Experience with designing & deploying NodeJS and python backend APIs
● Development experience against both SQL and NoSQL data stores
Nice to Have Skills:
Some "nice to haves"
● Experience building and developing cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
● Comfortable working with development in Linux/Unix environment
● Experience supporting and automating large-scale data processing jobs (panda, spark, airflow)
● Experience interfacing with Data Science Teams to incorporate data cleaning & ML algorithm processing
● Prior development experience with Python and Spark is a plus