Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
We are on a mission to empower developers around the world to easily build highly scalable applications. We plan on doing that by taking one of the most popular open source workflow orchestration platforms, Netflix Conductor, and making it easy for companies to use it as a cloud delivered service.
Developers across various industries are already using Conductor to power mission critical applications; that adoption is only the start of what's possible as we work closely with, and contribute back too, the passionate Conductor open source community. Our team consists of the original founders of Conductor and we are well capitalized and backed by leading VC and angel investors.
The company we are building is anchored on our core values of mission focus, bias for action, finding energy from having diversity across multiple dimensions and building an inclusive culture for everyone. Our approach to bringing massive impact to various industries is by putting our customers & their needs at the center of our strategy and then delivering the right products and class leading operational excellence to force multiply the impact our customers are delivering.
All of this starts with hiring and growing an amazing team, and that's why we want to talk to you - wherever in the world you are!
Why join us?
We seek self-motivated, high-performing individuals with a passion for making developers' lives easier. We are an early stage growth mode startup, we are funded by some of the best names in Silicon Valley.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in writing production quality code in Java, Springboot for high performance services. Experience with React framework and tinker with Databases, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) etc.. is a bonus
As a software engineer with a backend focus, you will work with your team to build infrastructure and products for our platform at scale.
● Design and implement key components of the service
● Create innovative user interfaces and features
● Explore, investigate, and prototype leading-edge concepts
● Help us push the boundaries of what is possible
Must Have Skills:
● Experience with JAVA and SpringBoot.
● Experience with Redis, MySQL/Postgres or other relational databases is a bonus
● Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
● Production deployment experience
● Experience consuming services exposed via REST and GRPC APIs
● Comfortable with test automation, and other engineering best practices
● Proven ability to work independently, lead a software project, and mentor junior software engineers
● Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
● 401(k) Plan
● Unlimited PTO
● Gym reimbursement
● Annual personal development fund
● Work headphones reimbursement
● Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
● Life Insurance options