AI Technical Lead
AI Technical Lead
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
Our client is a fintech company that invests in high growth technology companies that harness the power of data in a trustworthy way. Our client's investments include some of the biggest names in tech, such as Shopify and ClickUp. Based in Toronto, our client's team brings together software entrepreneurs, machine learning experts, experienced operators, and investment professionals.
We are seeking an AI Technical Lead with a strong foundation in machine learning, statistical methods, and software development. This role will involve leading a talented technical team in designing, developing, and implementing AI models and solutions. The ideal candidate will work closely with our client's startups and accelerate the development of AI products and the adoption of cutting-edge machine learning technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Working directly with the tech leaders of our client's portfolio companies to identify opportunities for integrating AI capabilities into their core products and collaborating with their scientists to accelerate development.
- Applying the latest research to real-world problems, pushing the state of the art forward, and publishing papers at top conferences.
- Working closely with engineers on the integration and deployment of models in production.
- Advising startups on how to translate product requirements, formulate problems, and apply best practices and techniques to develop, test, and monitor models.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders to understand requirements and explain complex AI concepts.
- Ensuring that AI systems are implemented in a responsible, ethical, and unbiased manner.
Some of the stuff you'll be working with:
- Computer Vision
- LLM, GPT & Generative AI
- Statistical models
- Time-series data
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team
- Professional development resources and mentorship opportunities to support growth and advancement
- Passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Promote equality and strive to provide all current and prospective employees with support and opportunities.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the software industry, preferably with growth-stage startups, building ML products end-to-end.
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with packages such as Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, and PyTorch.
- Deep understanding of statistical methods and deep learning techniques and their applications in time-series processing, NLP, and computer vision.
- Strong software development experience.
- Strong mathematical skills, particularly in linear algebra and statistics.
- Ph.D. or master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or a related quantitative discipline with a focus on machine learning, optimization theory, or related areas.
Nice to Have Skills:
- experience with LLMs, GPTs, and Generative AI (ie. GPT-3, GPT-4, Ada, Llama, Agents, etc.)
- experience speaking at conferences and/or publishing thought leadership papers and research
- a mix of both application and research in AI and Machine Learning