Head of Product
Head of Product
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - Permanent
Our client is a Series C Unicorn FinTech that is changing the world of finance - together we’re looking for builders and innovation leaders that want to get their hands dirty with one of the country’s most disruptive startups!
The company was founded with the mission of creating an alternative to traditional banking and building a better financial future for all Canadians, and building user-friendly products and technology to make their services accessible for everyone. Backed by world-class investors and the 1M+ Canadians who have already opted into their services, Our client is one of the few Canadian tech companies to reach Unicorn status with a valuation of over $1 billion.
Their products, services and client base are steadily growing and so is their Product team!
Our client is currently seeking a Head of Product to join one of their Canadian teams. The Product Team is made up of innovative visionaries who are obsessed with cutting edge technology, transformative products, and world-class experiences.
Head of Product, The Role:
In this role you’ll be leading product vision, strategy and execution for one of our business units. You’ll act as a hands-on leader, striking the balance between the needs of the business and the user. Your strong leadership acumen will serve your team well as you grow a team of effective PMs, and hold your team accountable to results. You and your team are builders at heart, rolling up your sleeves to support one another!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partner with Strategy and Business teams to define product vision and translate this into a roadmap that drives KPIs and P&L.
- Verify high-level requirements, acceptance criteria and metrics to push product strategy forward and achieve key objectives.
- Build a high-performing team of PMs and ensure that they are prioritizing effectively, managing their stakeholders, and leading
cross-functional Agile teams through the full build-measure-learn lifecycle.
- Immerse yourself in our financial product stack and gain a deep understanding from a user, technical, operations, business and design perspective. Our leaders are hands-on and aren’t afraid to jump into the deep end to help their teams directly.
- Lead product development alongside engineering, product marketing, UX research and product design teams to build the best financial service products on the market.
- Participate in budget management and annual budget processes.
- Gather feedback and communicate ongoing developments of your product across the entire company.
- Review and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data around your produce to identify strategies, trends, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with third party banking and technology partners to coordinate plans and roadmaps in support of continued product innovation.
Must Have Skills:
Who You are:
- 7+ years PM experience in tech, working with software products.
- 3+ years experience in a leadership position, directly managing a team of 3+ PMs.
- Background in systems or engineering is an advantage; our PMs are very strong systems oriented thinkers.
- Experience with digital technologies, financial products, eCommerce, payments, or subscription business services.
- Experience taking ownership of your work and outcomes; when you encounter a roadblock you don’t just give up and assign blame, you step up and find a way around it.
- You have a passion for building world-class products and teams, ideally with experience at a scale of 100K+ users.
- You have a curious mind; you have a desire to learn and improve. You are comfortable seeking, accepting and acting on productive feedback.
- Experience working within financial technology companies is an asset.
Nice to Have Skills:
Scaling large teams
DNA of a builder 1st, hands-on technology system experience
Amazing Equity package
Our client presents the opportunity to work on industry leading products that change the way we live and our financial futures. They’re building a high-performance, mission-driven and fast-paced team and value personal growth, autonomy, leadership and constant learning opportunities.