Manager, Software Development
Manager, Software Development
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
The Development Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the product development department to develop products and drive innovation according to the business roadmaps. You will ensure that the company adheres to its technology strategies and processes and protects its intellectual property.
The People - From our humble origins in our founder’s basement to our industry-leading position today, We worked hard to foster a company culture that we can all believe in. A culture that emphasizes personal growth, continuous innovation, and fun.
The Growth - Our environment fosters new ideas, fresh perspectives, and the ability to take them over the goal line. We are a fast-paced environment with a global reach that encourages you to make your mark and be part of something big!
The Technology - You’ll get the chance to work with leading-edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects, as part of highly collaborative and agile teams. You will work alongside partners which include leading tech giants that will keep you on the cusp of emerging technologies.
• Take a holistic, long-term view and build the capability of the organization to build great products
• Help the teams and the ScrumMaster with removing obstacles, making improvements, and applying Scrum principles within the team
• Act as a coach for teams that are developing new solutions and technologies, by providing direction, encouragement, and technical expertise to the team
• Teach teams how to improve and solve problems
• Explore top-notch modern software development practices for the entire software development lifecycle and help introduce these to the team
• Support Product Owners and ScrumMaster in the execution of implementation plans and the creation of roadmaps
• Develop the technical capabilities of team members through on-the-job and external training
• Facilitate and encourage “best-practices” sharing throughout the organization
Must Have Skills:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Over 10 years of experience in Software Development, Design, and Testing with over 5 years in a leadership capacity
• Ability to effectively promote teamwork and collaboration
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills applied to people and technology
• Strong understanding of professional software development practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle
• Experience practicing agile software development methodologies
• Ability to coach team members in technical skills and provide advice and assistance on project management, time management, coding, and testing
• Knowledge of commonly used development tools and technologies
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Analytical rigor and solid process management
• Very good communicator, both written and oral, to all levels and functions of the company
• Drive for excellence