Chief People Officer
Chief People Officer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Location: Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia (Contract basis for candidates outside these provinces)
About the Company:
Are you ready to make a professional impact and be part of a company that is revolutionizing the payments space in North America? We are on a mission to empower Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by providing them with the tools and insights they need to maximize their cash flow. With over 10,000 businesses already trusting us to automate their financial processes, we are determined to 10x our customer base and change the course of the sector for years to come. Join us and be a part of making history!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop and execute an impactful HR strategy aligned with the company's vision and objectives.
- Focus on hiring and retaining top talent, maintaining a positive employee experience, fostering growth, and mitigating people-related risks.
- Establish mechanisms and processes that support a high-performing culture and ensure HR objectives are directly linked to company goals.
- Design and execute an effective performance management process.
- Foster a performance-driven culture with clear visibility and rapid feedback.
- Encourage continuous improvement and accountability throughout the organization.
- Develop workforce planning programs to support the company's growth.
- Identify talent gaps and employee development needs.
- Design and implement infrastructure for headcount forecasting, internal skills matrices, learning programs, succession planning, and talent analysis.
- Own the compensation philosophy and create a competitive total rewards strategy.
- Ensure attractive employee benefits and stock option programs.
- Utilize data and market research for yearly benchmarking.
- Continuously monitor and improve recruiting and interview processes.
- Attract and hire high-performing talent by leveraging a data-driven approach.
- Develop and deploy an Employer Brand strategy aligned with the attraction strategy.
Learning and Development:
- Nurture a culture centered around learning and development.
- Deliver a strategy that supports professional growth at all levels.
- Measure the effectiveness of learning programs and continuously refine them.
- Leverage operating metrics to improve team execution as the company scales.
- Develop and execute a strategy around Centers of Excellence.
- Ensure compliance with employment law in local jurisdictions.
What's in It for You:
- Opportunity to make a significant impact and be part of a hyper-growth company.
- Chance to work with an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans.
- Shape the future of the payments space and contribute to the success of SMBs.
- Competitive compensation package with attractive employee benefits.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment with a focus on mentorship and growth.
What You've Done:
- You have a proven track record as a People and Culture leader in fast-growing, high-performing tech companies.
- You have successfully created and scaled HR programs that align with organizational growth.
- You possess a deep understanding of organizational management and have cultivated an industry-benchmarking people culture.
- Your decisions are data-driven, and you have experience setting KPI targets and metrics to support enterprise partnerships strategy.
- You have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills, nurturing high-performing teams and fostering a culture of mentorship and continuous improvement
Nice to Have Skills:
- Major bonus points if you've played a key strategic and executional role in a rapidly scaling Fintech or Payments company